Friday, August 17, 2007

I've got to tell you about the chickens!

Trevor has been on this kick about chickens lately. Randomly out of the blue, he said:

"Mommy, I ride chickens!"

"You like to ride chickens?"

"Yeah! They go fast!" (As he stoops down in his little stance and darts off.)

"Trevor, what color are your chickens?"

"Wipe." (White.)

"So you like to ride fast, white chickens, huh?"

"Yeah, and they fly high up in the sky, to the top of the slide, in the clouds!!!"

"Wow, Trevor! That's high!!"

We have this conversation multiple times a week. The story is always the same.

1 comments:

Unknown August 18, 2007 at 11:16 AM  

Hehehehehe.

That reminds me of David's story about the bunnies a few months ago. I heard about it at least 3 times a day for about a week. There were 3 bunnies (sometimes more, sometimes less) and there were trying to cross the street. You're not supposed to go into the street, so Daddy caught them and put them in the trash can. Then the garbage truck (with a "t", not an "f" in front) came and took them to the trash station. The end. Although sometimes they came back from the trash station to start it all over again.:)

It sounds like you've got your hands pretty full with your boys right now! I'm sure all the pregnancy hormones just make it all seem so much more intense too. (For the recored, I'm wishing you a girl) It sounds like Jackson is just pushing his boundaries now. I think us being pregnant changes their lives more than we realize. Just try to stick to your guns as best you can. I know how they can wear you down by the end of the day (or by mid morning some days). I haven't read it yet, but I've heard very good things about a book by Dr. Harvey Karp called,"The Happiest Toddler on the Block." I've also used some of the things they teach in the Love & Logic books/cds. I don't know how easy it would be for you to get them, but they might be worth a look. In the mean time, keep telling yourself you love your child! Sometimes I make myself think about what it would be like if he were terminally ill, or gone. It's kind of morbid, I suppose, but it usually snaps me out of being angry and frustrated with him.

Okay this is obtusely long now. Keep hanging on. You're going to get through this!

Melanie

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP