Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Went to the OB today...

and let's just say that it was a little scary. I'm not sure I can handle having a baby in a German hospital. Everything is SO different, and I mean scary different. I have lots of high risk things going on from the boys' birth, that I have to be really protective of myself this pregnancy, and it will probably be our last because of all of this. I'm ready to flee to the States for the next nine months. It's not that the doctor is bad, but the standards and the way of doing things is so different, that I don't know if I will be able to adapt. For one, there is NO privacy. Doc told me to strip right there. No blanket, no anything. It was extremely uncomfortable. There's a bunch of other stuff too. I guess it just really scares me because all of my American docs have made a big deal about this medical stuff, and this OB is basically doing a whatever approach. The last time that my OB didn't listen to me, I had the boys 10 weeks early, and they endured 36 days in the NICU, and I was in one hospital and they were in another. I don't want to go through that again. I don't want another child of mine going through that again. Besides that, if I contract at all, I'm at risk of having my uterus rupturing, and I'm just not liking how this doctor is handling it. I want to come home!!

1 comments:

Karin August 9, 2007 at 8:08 AM  

Glad you were able to finally find a doc you like. This reminds me -albeit on a much lighter degree- of my orthodontic experience in Germany. After working on my brother's mouth he came and worked directly on mine. Oh, and didn't have gloves on his hands with either of us... Who know who's mouth they were in (or what else he was touching)before us! Yet one more reason "i'm proud to be an american..."

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP