Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Trevor recently has learned

to put words to what he's feeling, like, "You make me mad." "I sad." "You make me happy." Blah blah blah. His new favorite one is "Mommy, I not make you mad." Even if I tell him that he's making me mad, he insists that he's NOT making me mad. :)

He and Jackson had a conversation the other day, where Jackson ended up screaming and crying. I walked in to hear this:

Trevor: "Mommy mad at you."

Jackson: "No, Mommy not mad at me."

T: "Yeah, Mommy mad at you. You make Mommy mad."

J (hysterical and in tears by this point): "NO! MOMMY NOT MAD AT ME!"

Even though Mommy's not mad. :)

It's just so interesting to watch them discovering their emotions and how to vocalize those emotions. Mad seems to be Trevor's favorite emotion right now. Even if he's happy, he tells you he's mad. It cracks me up. Jackson's favorite emotion is happy. He's always walking around saying, "You make me happy. I yuv you." He always tells me that he makes me happy. He truly is Happy-Jack-Jackson, even if he is a whiny butt. But their incessant whining could take up a whole page of our constant ongoings here. The last two days have been a NIGHTMARE. Linc got a good taste of it last night from them. When he finally closed their bedroom door, he turned to me with an exasperated sigh, and said: "Have they been like THIS all day?!?!" I nodded my head, and told him he could see why I was beyond ready to strangle them today. :) All a day's work in the life of twins.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP