I know I know...
I'm a slacker. We'll all be better off if I can just admit that and everyone can accept it. :) Anyway, I'm sure some of you received my update email and for the rest of you...
Long story short, this pregnancy has caused me to have some medical issues, and there has been talk of surgery since August. It looks like I will finally be getting surgery in the next couple of weeks. First I have to get my fanny back to Germany. I have a persistent stubborn cyst on my ovary that won't go away, and it's intent on causing my family lots of problems. :)
So basically the last 3 months have been filled with moving and then these medical problems. Then Linc's mom came to visit for a while, and shortly after she left, my Daddy passed away. So we flew out here right away, and I've been in Utah for 3 weeks now. We had his funeral two weeks ago, and we've just been spending the time with our family since then. Losing a loved one makes you realize just how precious our time is here on this Earth. There are so many things I wish I could ask my Dad, or just tell him. He also raised twin boys, and so it was something that we could always relate to. He was always full of stories and laughs. I think that's one of the things I'm going to miss the most. He was one of my best friends. Losing my Dad also taught me how important the Gospel is. I KNOW that we'll be together forever. I know that he is watching out for our family, and that he's always nearby. I'm grateful that I don't have to say goodbye, just see ya later. It's still hard to imagine a world without my Dad in it though. It still doesn't feel like he's gone. :(
0 comments:
Post a Comment